Garry Vacuum - Can't contact customer service ,even sent emails

2 weeks ago I tried to call the customer service,the same number I have been calling for the past 8 years.The phone is always busy signal.I called 4x everyday.For those 8 years that I got the vacuum I already sent back for replacement 6x and I spent $50.00 for the replacement and $39.00 to sent back the broken one.It seems like its the same part that is breaking down.We bought the vacuum for $300.00 with a lifetime guaranty .With the 6x that we return I could have 2 more new ones.I am even sure if I was buying a brand new or its just refurbish.I hope this will help new buyers to think twice to deal with this company cuz I have enough.I just swallow my loses and happy that I never recommend to anybody.

Thanks for letting me out my steam

Comments

I have the same problem as many of the others, I am only trying to get the free bags I have been promised years ago, costumer service is very poor and I will advise anyone looking for vacumes to stay as far away from Garry vacumes. I think better business should be informed on the false statements we have been given at the time of the purchase.

#1520706

Can not locate a number for replacement bags??

So they closed? I havent had mine very long and its making a load roaring like the motor is burnt up or the bareings went out. I want somekind of refund!

to Kelly #1545398

The roaring is the fan...easy to replace..you can buy on eBay for about 13 bucks..any do it yourself type person can change it..I've replaced mine twice over about 6 years..

to Kelly #1594237

good luck with that I can't even get the free bags I was promised

I have dealt with Garry Vac over phone 1 time. They were helpful.

Told me if vacuum stops its overheated. I turned off. Left for 15 min. It turned right back on.

I wanted to order a spare belt but I just realized they have closed. Looks like my lifetime warranty is over. I have had the vacuum for over 10 years.

Its been great. Sorry, they had to close.

View more comments

Garry Vacuum - Stop working

Ease of Use
Style and Design

Can't contact customer service .... vacuum not working ....gone out of business after they sold this junk to public

Product or Service Mentioned: Garry Vacuum Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Garry Vacuum - Snapping off of control ***

This is the third time that we have sent vacuum back at our expense plus shipping from their end - replaced the control *** by switching vacuums but the key is the time and expense is worthless since the control *** broke off again - this time gave up on the company - the problem is they use a cheap plastic part that they have refuse to knowledge is a badly engineer design for this application - this means once the *** breaks that the unit can only be used in either the floor mode or the hand tool mode - since the unit was bought for the suppose ability to easily switch between the two modes - what is most frustration is the lack of support and the complete lack of acknowledgement that they have a defective product.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Lack of quality.

Garry Vacuum - This is the second replacement

I love the Garry but the knob on the floor to hose, keeps braking its is a lifetime warranty but you pay to send back the old one and it cost you two hundred or so, and you get a new one, shipping is on you? really ..bad product for the twist knob...

and the way they charge you, not right, this is my second one now, lesson learned there is never a lifetime anything you always get stuck with something., they will send you a new one but you pay for it also. not a happy customer at all and I had bought them steam mop got two and the one didn't work but I didn't send back wasn't worth the fee.

Garry Vacuum - Simple Review #1480546781

Handle broke off - would like to replace it?!?!

Product or Service Mentioned: Garry Vacuum Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Garry Vacuum - Vacuum Cleaner Review from Mountain View, California

I don't know how this company is still in business. Nobody knows what their doing.

The worst costomer service of any company I've done business with. Ordered replacement but was told they were out in warehouse. Cancelled order and threw out old garry vac. Bought a Eureka for less money and it picks up so much better.

Probally because it has so much suction. After a couple of weeks the charged us $50. and we recieved the vacuum. Well we called back a number of times to get a return shipping label cause we had cancelled it and all we get is a run around.

So if they don't send it the vacuum will not be returned. They cannot charge me because I have changed the card we used so they will be out. It has been a nightmare dealing with these people.

DO NOT BUY A GARRY. IT'S A POS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garry Vacuum Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

#1520722

I just called the 800 number on the bag and was told not in business.

Is this company still in business, I can't reach them by phone, is always busy???

Garry Vacuum - Simple Review #1457391969

Extremly poor customer service. Constant problems with their computer system.

Nobody knows what they are doing. We cancelled the order replacement.

They shipped it after that. We want nothing to do with this worthless company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garry Vacuum Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Garry Vacuum - Waste of money

Oakville,Connecticut

This vacuum cleaner is a definite waste of money. It's NOT lightweight, gets clogged up on a simple clump of animal hair, and it is very clumsy to work with.

I was being sent bags that I did not order which were supposed to be free but was charged $9.95. Apparently this fee was for postage and handling which certainly does not amount to $9.95. My advice is to carefully search when buying an item so expensive. Read all reviews and complaints first.

There are many excellent vacuum cleaners out there and the Garry is one of the worst. Mine will be sold at a tag sale, very cheap!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Garry vacuum cleaner knob switching between floor and hose is product defect

Pine,Colorado
1.4

Two vacuums, two broken switches - reading others this is clearly a manufacturing defect - the part is plastic and seems to be quite easy to break - garry's response is send it back with an associated 50+ expense for them to replace the vacuum (for the second time) - does not seem worth it since based on the previous time the part will break again with in the year and will have to go through the experience again - it is time garry either supplied a replacement part at no expense or return of the unit at their expense

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Lack of a replacement part.

Garry Vacuum - Frustrated with lack of a replacement piece, but more dismayed at RUDE treatment towards me with a customer service representative

I have a Garry vacuum whose knob has broken for the vacuum to switch between floor and tools. Garry has no replacement part for this. I talked with a customer service representative who was EXTREMELY rude. I asked to speak with a manager. Representative came back on phone to tell me the manager would call me. When I said I would rather wait to speak to the manager, the representative hung up on me. Garry needs to replace this representative! This is NOT the way to encourage sales!

Despite the myriad of negative reviews I have read about the Garry vacuum itself, I really like the vacuum. We have, however had the vacuum replaced two other times. That was due to an issue with a group of lot numbers that had impellers breaking easily.

With regard to Garry's lack of the replacement part needed for this issue, I don't mind paying for shipping and handling for a new vacuum to be shipped. However, I do not want to have to pay the shipping to mail the broken vacuum back. It cost me $75.00 to do that previously.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garry Vacuum Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product before the knob broke off.

I didn't like: Rude customer service, Lack of a replacement part.