Garry Vacuum - Gary Vacuum Is Awesome!

Phoenix, Arizona 1 comment

I purchased a Gary Vacuum in 2011 and it has been the best vacuum that I have ever owned. I haven't had one problem with it and I purchased the Ultralight Professional.I change the bags regularly.

I sucked up something hard into the fan and it broke the vacuum.I called and they sent me a free vacuum, no hassle in a reasonable amount of time.I did pay postage but that is okay it was my fault.

I'm sorry these other people are pissed off and had a bad experience.

So I have to give them a five star rating...Bob

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall satisfied with Garry Vacuum. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Oreck that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Garry Vacuum.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Garry Vacuum to other companies on our site.

Comments

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1300765

Replace this Garry vacuum 4 times ..it sucks do not order it .cusromer service number has been busy for 5 days. What kind of business are they running.Horriable way to run a business .shame on you people

Garry Vacuum - Vacuum Cleaner Review from Mountain View, California

Mountain View, California 2 comments

I don't know how this company is still in business. Nobody knows what their doing.

The worst costomer service of any company I've done business with. Ordered replacement but was told they were out in warehouse. Cancelled order and threw out old garry vac. Bought a Eureka for less money and it picks up so much better.

Probally because it has so much suction. After a couple of weeks the charged us $50. and we recieved the vacuum. Well we called back a number of times to get a return shipping label cause we had cancelled it and all we get is a run around.

So if they don't send it the vacuum will not be returned. They cannot charge me because I have changed the card we used so they will be out. It has been a nightmare dealing with these people.

DO NOT BUY A GARRY. IT'S A POS.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Garry Vacuum. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

#1520722

I just called the 800 number on the bag and was told not in business.

Is this company still in business, I can't reach them by phone, is always busy???

Garry Vacuum - Simple Review #1457391969

Mountain View, California 0 comments

Extremly poor customer service. Constant problems with their computer system.

Nobody knows what they are doing. We cancelled the order replacement.

They shipped it after that. We want nothing to do with this worthless company.

Review about: Garry Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Garry Vacuum - Waste of money

Oakville, Connecticut 0 comments

This vacuum cleaner is a definite waste of money. It's NOT lightweight, gets clogged up on a simple clump of animal hair, and it is very clumsy to work with.

I was being sent bags that I did not order which were supposed to be free but was charged $9.95. Apparently this fee was for postage and handling which certainly does not amount to $9.95. My advice is to carefully search when buying an item so expensive. Read all reviews and complaints first.

There are many excellent vacuum cleaners out there and the Garry is one of the worst. Mine will be sold at a tag sale, very cheap!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of garry vacuum vacuum cleaner. Garry Vacuum needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned garry vacuum vacuum cleaner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Garry Vacuum. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Oreck.

Garry vacuum cleaner knob switching between floor and hose is product defect

Pine, Colorado 0 comments
1.4

Two vacuums, two broken switches - reading others this is clearly a manufacturing defect - the part is plastic and seems to be quite easy to break - garry's response is send it back with an associated 50+ expense for them to replace the vacuum (for the second time) - does not seem worth it since based on the previous time the part will break again with in the year and will have to go through the experience again - it is time garry either supplied a replacement part at no expense or return of the unit at their expense

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $150. The author is overall dissatisfied with Garry Vacuum. The most disappointing about garry vacuum vacuum cleaner from Garry Vacuum was lack of a replacement part Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Garry Vacuum - Frustrated with lack of a replacement piece, but more dismayed at RUDE treatment towards me with a customer service representative

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 0 comments

I have a Garry vacuum whose knob has broken for the vacuum to switch between floor and tools. Garry has no replacement part for this. I talked with a customer service representative who was EXTREMELY rude. I asked to speak with a manager. Representative came back on phone to tell me the manager would call me. When I said I would rather wait to speak to the manager, the representative hung up on me. Garry needs to replace this representative! This is NOT the way to encourage sales!

Despite the myriad of negative reviews I have read about the Garry vacuum itself, I really like the vacuum. We have, however had the vacuum replaced two other times. That was due to an issue with a group of lot numbers that had impellers breaking easily.

With regard to Garry's lack of the replacement part needed for this issue, I don't mind paying for shipping and handling for a new vacuum to be shipped. However, I do not want to have to pay the shipping to mail the broken vacuum back. It cost me $75.00 to do that previously.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of garry vacuum vacuum cleaner from Garry Vacuum. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Garry Vacuum to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was rude customer service and lack of a replacement part. Author liked the most product before the knob broke off. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Oreck. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Garry Vacuum for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Garry Vacuum - Switch/Knob broken on 3 vacs

Johnstown, Pennsylvania 0 comments

I purchased this garry vac back in 2009. While it worked well, the switch that converts it from tools to floor would be very hard to turn. I contacted the company in 2011 to say the knob wouldn't turn on my vacuum. I was told to use force and it would go. I did and the knob busted off. Here's how the "free lifetime warranty was handeled. For a shipping fee of $50. they send you a replacement vac, you then have to pay to ship your current broken vac back to them.

Like an imbecile I did as such, of course my return shipping was less than their $50. (approximately $22. if memory serves correctly).

New vac arrived, without the main hose or accessories. I kept the hose from my old vac, packed it up and sent it back.

My credit card was charged $50. and then it was charged $120. - i called and they stated I didn't return the hose! Well I didn't receive one with the new vac. They did refund the $120, so i was only out $72.00 for a new sweeper.

2012 - If you receive a new replacement vac you have a free 60 day warranty on that. I was 4 days past, so it once again cost me $50. plus the return shipping. To fix the same issue. I wasn't going to do it, but I had just purchased 2 boxes their "free" bags. (far from free).

2014 - the hose cracked on the back as did side of the crevice tools. In order to get new tools you have to pay a separate shipping charge for each piece (I don't remember that price). ... New one on the way for $50.00. Showed up with NO HOSE AND NO TOOLS. The crevice tool arrived 2 weeks later but still no hose. They stated the hose was with the sweeper when it was sent. I must have been blind at the time because i checked every inch of the sweeper and couldn't find the hose. about 1 week later the hose arrived.

Guess what happened today? That's right the knob/switch broke off my vac. I'm just bought a shark.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of garry vacuum cleaner. Garry Vacuum needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned garry vacuum cleaner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Garry Vacuum. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Oreck.

Garry Vacuum - Ordered a Vacuum, Waited 2 Months, Got 4 Vacuum Bags

Regina, Saskatchewan 0 comments
Ease of Use

On about August 4, 2015 I ordered a Garry Vacuum.

On Sept 18, 2015 I was told my ordered was 'delayed' due to lack of inventory.

On Oct 19 I received 4 Vacuum Bags - NOT WHAT I ORDERED!

My order Number is 'Your Order ID # 12713010'. Every time I call I get put through to India. I am annoyed to say the least.

It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to be told I must have ordered the wrong thing after waiting 2 months plus. I was also told I cannot contact the California office. I was also told I cannot order a vacuum online. I look at the website and access to someone that can help is VERY hard to find, if at all.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. This person is overall dissatisfied with Garry Vacuum. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Garry Vacuum - Simple Review #1436194948

Miamisburg, Ohio 0 comments
1.7

I bought one 5 years ago. The warranty had wrong address . Never got one!

Review about: Garry Vacuum.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Garry Vacuum - GREAT VACUUM, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE !

Monument, Colorado 0 comments
4.7

About five years ago new decided to buy The Garry as opposed to an Oreck due to price and comparable performance. This is indeed a light weight vacuum cleaner. We also have a Kirby. The Kirby is a really heavy machine and very hard for my wife to handle as a result. Although the Kirby really bu--! : ) The Garry has performed well and as advertised and because of it's great suction and performance and light weight is most often the "go too machine". The old one finally 'gave up the ghost' and died after 5 years of heavy service for such a light weight machine. Not unexpected at all. Garry Customer Service said they'd send me a new one for $50.00 S&H and I had to send the old one back to them at my cost. To me this was a great deal. So for $50.00 + $25.00 ($75.00) I get a brand new machine? Vs. an Oreck for $600.00 or another new Garry for $200.00? A no brainer. : )

Called Garry Customer Service. They found my original purchase information from 5 years earlier. No Problem. They explained to me all the 'Terms and Conditions' under The Warranty which (yes) was disclosed to me when I originally bought it. They were very polite and efficient.

Brand New One arrived promptly and I followed their instructions to a 'T' and shipped the old one back. No problem.

Folks, this is a 'light weight machine' and as a result will not take the abuse The Kirby does or other heavier brands for that matter. But we bought it originally because of the light weight for myself and my wife. In our opinion it performs equally as well as The Oreck (maybe even better) at around 1/3 the price. While you just need to understand 'it is what it is', THIS IS ONE GREAT MACHINE for the money!

Even better, Garry Customer Service told me if this new one takes a dump, they will replace it again and continue to do so under The Lifetime Warranty! Just amazing, and exceptional customer service. Very Pleased!

Charles_879 wrote the review because of good customer service at Garry Vacuum. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Garry Vacuum to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Author liked the most excellent customer service. The author asks this business to contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her positive experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Oreck. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Garry Vacuum positive experience for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.